Blogger templates

How D-Black promote RLG brand

Lately I haven't been following the music of Ghanaian origin because of the seemingly decline in creativity, everybody want a club banging beat with a hook then they are done. But when I heard this song I was blown away. You see, I have an ear for hit songs so right away I knew this was going to be one of them, seeing the video confirms it.

Accoding to DBlackMuzik the official YouTube channel. 'D-Black da Ghana Bwouy has drops the official music video of the hit club banger  'Change Your Life'(Ha Ma Kyake Min) featuring E.L  The song comes off D-Black's recently released sophomore album 'The Revelation' and is one of Ghana's most popular azonto hiphop songs and was produced by Gafacci.The Video was shot in Johannesburg, South Africa and directed by Gorilla Films'.

What really caught my eyes about the video was the use of RLG's branded laptop and fon, to me I think it about time Ghanaian musicians start promoting local brands through their videos. Having said that, Producers should seek artist that they can associate their brand with to help reach a wider audience. I must admit D-Black is not the first to have done this, there is the much talked about video of Becca ft MI -No Away, where it shows a product of kasapreko drink at the end of the video.

Apple Inc did not do much adverts when they introduced the iphone. What they did was to provide the use of their phones in all the major block bluster movies. why? it was an affordable way of advertising if you ask me because you get to see your favorite movie stars using the iphone for interesting acts & stunts, who wouldn't want one. I believe if RLG keeps on with it new way of reaching it clients it will be a major brand in Africa, if they don't compromised on the product quality.

One thing I didn't like about this D-Black's video was the fact that it was done in South Africa, not that I have anything against South Africans but is there no director that can shoot a video like that in Ghana? I have watched the clip several times and I fail to see anything exceptional that couldn't have been done here, is it the pool or the girls, the camera/equipments or the scene? If my memory serves me right, wasn't 4X4 clips as well as many other artist's, of the same quality if not more, done here?

Are the Phamous People, the Nana Asihene's, Ohene Djan, Manste and Co not good enough.? Haven't they prove that they can shoot high quality video of international Quality too? Why then does  everybody have to go to South Africa to shoot the same quality at a higher cost whiles it could be done here for far lower cost?, yet we blame the government for not helping  to develop the creative arts industry. 

My question is, with who's money are we expecting to be used when all we do is putting money in the hands of others who don't pay tax to our Government? Having said that I think this song deserves an award. Why ? because it my new favourite song. It has a bit of humour that we all can relate to if you are a guy( it a potential conning lyrics). Hey! if you have difficulties in approaching a girl, I will recommend the first verse, it an ice breaker and if you do it that well, who knows, you might just get yourself a date :) let me know if you have any success.

Be Social, Share it

How D-Black promote RLG brand How D-Black promote RLG brand Reviewed by neneahuma on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recents

[getWidget results='3' label='recent' type='list']
Powered by Blogger.